Renting a Boat at a Lake Mead Marina? Here’s What to Know
Looking for an adventurous week or two on a sparkling, sunny lake? Planning a romantic getaway or a family vacay? Thinking about boat rentals at a Lake Mead marina?
You’ve come to the right place. As millions of annual visitors can attest, this desert destination is balmy and beautiful all year round, the perfect escape in summer and winter alike. With untold coves and bays, miles of shoreline and plenty of amenities, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Lake Mead.
Wondering which is the best Lake Mead marina to choose? Want to know about houseboat rentals, costs, boating rules and other activities? We’re here to answer some of our visitors’ most frequently asked questions today, so read on!
How Does a Houseboat Rental Work?
First and foremost, you want to nail down your lodging for any Lake Mead trip. While the area boasts campgrounds, RV parks, Airbnb rentals, hotels, motels and more, there’s nothing quite so serene as a houseboat rental. It’s everything you need for adventure all in one place, with literally nothing standing between you and the pristine lake.
You have a variety of rental options, with choices such as:
- Boat size: Boats range from 50 to 75 feet long, giving you the ability to choose between compact, cozy living and lots of luxuries.
- Sleeping accommodations: Traveling as a family? Some boats sleep six, ideal for affordability. Planning a little reunion between friends? Other options give you 15 “berths” so you can comfortably house everyone in your party on a boat or two.
- ADA accessibility: Does a member of your group need accessibility options? The 75’ Xtreme can accommodate all their needs.
- Luxury options: Want a hot tub, wet bar or DirecTV to complete your stay? Choose the right boat, and it can be yours.
Go ahead and check out Callville Bay’s houseboats to compare pricing, amenities, accommodations and more.
Can You Rent Other Boats?
Many people want to know about renting smaller watercraft in addition to houseboats. The answer is yes, Callville Bay has a huge array of other boating options as well – so you can enjoy gentle rocking at night and fast-paced water adventures during the day.
Get out on the lake with options such as:
- 44’ Patio Pontoon Boat: With 12 passengers and good day rates, this is an awesome motorized option for families looking to enjoy some patio time, get their tan on, and jump into the water for a swim or paddleboard at will.
- 24’ SunChaser Tritoon Boat: Speedy and spacious, this watercraft fits 13 passengers and will give you all the adventure you need out on Lake Mead.
- 17’ Mako Fish Skiff: If you’re an angler angling for some time out on the lake, a fish skiff is the way to go. Affordable and small, it’s the ideal option for groups of four or less that want some quiet time on the water.
There are rules to boating on the lake, of course, so let’s take a look at them now.
What Are the Boating Rules?
It’s important to know the rules for boating on Lake Mead. Not only will this prevent you from getting tickets, it is critical for everyone’s safety. The boating rules are set by state and federal government regulations, and can be found in detail on the National Park Service site.
If you’re bringing your own boat, you’ll need a vehicle pass to bring your craft into the park as well as a vessel pass to launch it on the lake. You can get both at park entrances. You are also required to have adequate safety equipment for all passengers on your boat and an aquatic invasive species (AIS) decal on your boat, purchased here.
If you are renting from Callville Bay Marina, these considerations are already met, so you can launch as long as you meet the criteria for driving a boat. If the vessel has more than 15 horsepower, you must pass a proficiency exam or boater education course and be older than 14. Click the NPS link to learn the exact details.
Because Lake Mead is located in both Arizona and Nevada, it is your responsibility to know the laws for both states before you operate a vessel. Callville Bay prioritizes safety as well as fun, which is why we have a thoroughly thought-out safety program that you can read more about here.
Are There Any Amenities Nearby?
As it happens, there are more than a few amenities at your disposal when you rent a houseboat on Lake Mead. Whether you’re looking for a restaurant, gift shop or simply a place to kick back and relax, you’ll find them all at Callville Bay. Options for drinking and dining include:
Other amenities include:
- The mechanic shop, where you can find parts and services for your own watercraft if you get in a jam
- Boat moorage, if you plan to bring your own vessels into the park and need somewhere to keep them while you’re on your houseboat
- RV park, if that’s your method of travel
- Campground, if you want to spend a few days in a much more affordable location to save money for that houseboat rental
Make it the best stay yet by mixing and matching all your options. If you can’t fit everything in at once, come back next year!
What Else Can You Do Near Lake Mead?
At Callville Bay, we recommend getting out and about as much as possible! Lake Mead is huge, with almost 250 square miles at your disposal. Depending on your idea of fun, you can choose between activities such as:
- Sport fishing
- Boating and waterskiing
- Kayaking and canoeing
- SCUBA diving
- Fishing for stripers, largemouth bass and more
- Hoover Dam tours
- Whitewater rafting
- Hiking and walking
- Canyon tours
- Ranger station visits
If you have kiddos, you might want to check out the NPS initiative, “Get Outdoors, It’s Yours!” This national campaign aims to connect American children with the beautiful wilderness all around us, with resources and Junior Ranger programs meant to get kids involved with nature.
Overall, we feel confident telling you there are endless activities for your entertainment here at Callville Bay Resort & Marina on Lake Mead.
Rent Your Callville Bay Houseboat Today!
Ready to rent your houseboat and plan that perfect Lake Mead trip? We invite you to get in touch today with any questions you might have or to book your stay. We can’t wait to welcome you to our beautiful, sunny slice of heaven!