August 2, 2018 Privacy Notice 1.0
Last Updated: August 2, 2018
LEGAL NOTICE: By visiting any of the Forever Resorts family of websites that contain this Privacy Notice, you are accepting and consenting in full to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Who We Are
Forever Resorts has a well-earned reputation for providing superb value for vacationers at dozens of destinations world-wide. Forever Resorts is comprised of unique and distinctive collections of lodges, resorts, campgrounds & RV parks, gift stores, restaurants, conference facilities, boat rentals, raft adventures, and eco experiences. Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat your personal information.
Information You May Provide Us
We will collect and process the following information about you that you provide to us so that we can provide the best possible experience when you use our services. Personal information that you provide us may include the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Numbers
- E-mail Address(es)
- Credit Card Information
- Children’s Names and Ages
- Customer Care Phone Call Recording
- For Quality Control and Reservation Verification
Other personal information and documents containing personal information may be collected upon check-in for business purposes, for example, Rental Agreements.
This category of information is information you provide us by performing certain tasks:
- Reservation services;
- Submitting an information request; or
- Consenting to receive marketing material
Forever Resorts takes considerable pride in adhering to applicable federal and state laws and will not share your personal information with any outside companies or vendors except for the facilitation of a business-related process or financial transactions on your behalf.
For reservations made through a travel agent, this Privacy Notice applies to your personal information only once we receive the personal information.
Other Information We May Collect About You
During each of your visits to our Forever Resorts websites, we may collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and any e-mail address used to contact us.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub- contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from these providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from these providers and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing to remember information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity.
The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Disclosure of Your Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries. You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information as needed to conduct our business activities according to the following, and in the following, circumstances:
- Internal Disclosure: We necessarily require storage and disclosure of your information within our various business units on an as-needed basis in order to effectively conduct our legitimate business activities.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions in accordance with contractual obligations but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: From time to time, we send offers to selected groups of Forever Resorts customers on behalf of other Forever Resorts properties and services. Customers are free to opt-out of these promotional offers at any time on the website or by contacting our Office by telephone at 877-386-4383.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy properties, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred and/or shared business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Forever Resorts assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Forever Resorts and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Forever Resorts, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be sent to other third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The information that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in the United States, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who are employed by one or more of our Forever Resort locations. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your reservation, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to its transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We maintain a wide variety of programs and security and controls to protect your information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Access, Control, and Your Rights
If you created an account during the reservation process, you can view, update, and delete certain information about yourself and your interactions with Forever Resorts. If you have a reservation confirmation number, you may be able to change and update your reservation. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject or discuss your rights, please let us know using any of the contact information in the introduction to this Privacy Notice. We may ask you to provide valid form of identification for verification purposes. Your rights are as follows:
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification, portability, erasure, restriction, objection.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to know the consequences of your failure to provide necessary information.
- The right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
If you make a request to delete your personal information and that information is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
Children’s Online Information Policy
Forever Resorts does not intend for our websites to be used by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly market to, or collect information from, anyone who may be under the age of 18; and none of our data accumulating web pages (including, but not limited to, online reservations, marketing opt-ins, and contact requests) are intended, or should be used by, anyone under the age of 18.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about our Privacy Notice, our practices, or our services, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (lodging and campgrounds) at 877-386-4383 or (boat rentals) 800-255-5561.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice and any other places we deem appropriate, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page.