Best Boat Drinks for the Whole Family
There’s truly nothing like getting off the grid and experiencing family time in a beautiful setting. Renting a houseboat for a family vacation offers ample time to unwind, connect, and take in the beauty of nature all around you.
At Callville Bay in Lake Mead, we understand that family time is precious, and we love giving fun tips to help you make the most of your rental! Read on for some great ideas for easy homemade refreshments that are perfect for the whole family!
- Sunset Smoothie. Combine your favorite frozen fruit with juice or milk in the blender to create a frosty drink that’s perfect for sipping. Looking for a pretty “sunset” style drink? Combine 2 frozen bananas, ½ cup each of frozen strawberries and frozen peaches, plus 1 cup of milk or orange juice. This will serve 2 generously, and you can easily double or triple the recipe for the whole family!
- Lazy Lemonade. Who’s got time to squeeze a whole basket of lemons? Simply cut 2 lemons into quarters, and squeeze a splash of fresh juice into store bought lemonade over ice. Just as refreshing as the real thing!
- House Spritzer. Mix equal parts juice and flavored seltzer over ice. Want it a bit sweeter? Add more juice than seltzer. Watching your sugar intake? Fill the glass with seltzer and top off with a splash of juice for festive color without the sugar rush.
- “Spa” Water. The whole family can feel like royalty with a simple trick: slice up fresh cucumber and add to a pitcher of ice water. Use seedless cucumbers for best results, and enjoy a refreshing, low calorie drink in minutes.
- Sun Tea. Always a fun option for the kids, “sun tea” is made by placing tea bags in a clean, glass container, adding water, and placing in the sun for 3-5 hours. Use 8 tea bags for a gallon container, and 4 tea bags for a half gallon—a rinsed out juice bottle usually does the trick! Try using fruity herbal tea, and add a few sprigs of fresh mint and sweetener to taste before serving.
If you’re ready to browse some great houseboat rentals just an hour from Las Vegas, reach out to Callville Bay today, and we’ll help you plan a unique family getaway you won’t soon forget.